Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas eve ~ Sweet anticipation

Christmas eve is finally here.  Our big season selling dolls is over.  We did well.  There are a LOT of dolls, all over the US and Canada, under many families Christmas tree.   We made bald dolls this year.  This made reborn dolls available to families that otherwise might not have been able to afford them.
We have already been getting pictures from grateful families of our dolls with their new mommies.
In my childhood, I couldn't sleep, knowing that Santa was coming.  Oh, the sweet anticipation.  I remember waking up very early with my sister Susie, sitting on the couch, looking at the beautiful packages and bows and ribbons.
I have a much deeper appreciation for my parents.  I know there were some pretty tough times for our family and for Dad's business.  Somehow, Mom and Dad always were able to make sure we had a fun Christmas.
This year, the lead up to the Christmas season has been fraught with business hiccups, decorating hiccups, getting the house clean hiccups, etc.  I know we will still have fun and family.
We will travel the short distance to my brothers house, play some pinochle, drink eggnog, and relax.   For me, my real treat, will be spending time with them.  I might even put a bow on my big brother.  He will be my present this year. 
For me, Christmas has become much less about any packages, or presents.  Spending time is the truest, most precious commodity.  I can't wait.  Anticipation.  It's delicious!
Merry Christmas to all our family, friends, and customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment