Saturday, July 26, 2014

Steadfastness? How about resilience?

Its been ten days since I last posted on this blog.  Rita and I had the truck in the shop after a long period of saving up enough money to get it fixed.
We were able to afford to fix the problem and get the fan motor on the A/C working!  Hooray!  Just in time for summer.  It felt good.
When faced with a tough problem, I try to look back to see what I had learned.  Friends and family.  Persistence.  But most of all, steadfastness.  Being steadfast in our faith in the Lord, in our business, and in one another.  It got us through.
We started to make plans to redo the office into a doll production area.  Paint, flooring, lighting, and maybe some curtains.  Looking forward.
But it was not to be.  Coming home from the doctor's office the truck just plain quit.  102 degree heat.  Once again, Susie to the rescue.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives.  Thanks again, again, again, sis!
So, we are home, the truck is in the shop, and we are scrambling to figure out how to get the truck fixed.  The fuel pump is shot.  $850 minimum.  Hooboy. 
Steadfastness got us through before.  It will again.  But I think He is teaching me a bit of resilience this time as well. 
We get down, we fight our way back up.
We can earn our truck back.
And I will appreciate that truck even more. 
The day will come when we have to get a new vehicle.  But for now, I am grateful, and doing my best to be steadfast and resilient!
This isn't anything compared to Job.  I've got it easy compared to him.  David


As always, your comments and thoughts are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment