Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Today is the day!

This morning my sister, Susie, and I will travel to my Aunt's church.  I will be giving a talk on reborn dolls to the senior group.  I can't wait!
I am curious who will be there.  It looks to be a very hot day, so who knows will show up.  But we will enjoy lunch, talk about dolls, and enjoy each others company.
I am certain there are some great stories in that bunch.  I will do my best to help them to open up and share their experiences.  We shall see.
When I asked my friends on facebook for their experiences a high school friend, Cynthia Beebe, shared hers.  For a couple of years she had begged repeatedly for a "Chatty Cathy" doll.  Finally she received one on Christmas morning.  That day her parents piled up all the kids and took them to her grandparents house in Adelanto, quite a drive with all those kids.
They visited with grandparents, played in the yard, ate dinner, and came home.  As they were getting close to home Cynthia realized she had left her new doll at grandma's house.  Daddy would not turn around to go get her doll.  Cynthia was crushed.
Luckily, Grandma found her doll and saved it for her, but it was several months before they returned.
A sad story for a child, but it emphasizes how important dolls can be for a small girl.
I hope we can get a few stories from the seniors.  I am sure there are some.
Do you have a story about a childhood doll?  Or maybe about your own child's doll?  I would love to hear from you.  Feel free to leave a comment.  David

No comments:

Post a Comment