Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, or woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."  George William Curtis.
How true.
My country is based upon freedoms.  Freedom to worship as I choose.  Freedom to speak my mind.  Freedom to tell the truth.  Freedom to assemble.  Freedom from tyranny.
Recently there have been many assaults on those freedoms.  It worries me that our younger generation will not know how hard it was to win those freedoms. 
I am loyal to the principles of freedom.  Therefore, I am patriotic.  But I am not happy with those that yearn to diminish my freedoms or the freedoms of my family.
I wish you all a happy Memorial Day as we remember our fallen heroes.  David
As always, your comments and stories are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment