Sunday, March 16, 2014

All the worlds a stage....

It has become easier for me to see how what I do has an impact.  As I get older, I see other people, and have much more empathy than I used to.  It feels good.
Once again, our dolls have touched others and through them it has touched me. 
Recently, we sold a reborn doll to a family in San Bernardino.  Not too far from us.  They paid, placed the order, and asked if they could pick up the doll to save on shipping.  Of course we were happy to.
The doll was completed and I delivered it to the husband.  We met at a midpoint for both of us.  Mario told me of his daughter.  He was so very proud.  His daughter wanted a reborn very badly, and they told her if she could keep her grades up for three years (three years!) they would buy her one. 
After her last report card, she came to her mother and smiled and said, "its been three years!"  She immediately went to our eBay store and chose the one she wanted.  She has been looking at our dolls for three years!  Kind of amazing. 
Her mother called and spoke with Rita.  After a nice long conversation, Rita was nearly in tears.  How special that phone call made her feel.  This little doll, was a reward for lots of homework, and diligence from a girl in middle school.  Middle school!  How any one can survive middle school much less succeed is beyond me. 
I am proud that we were able to be a small part of honoring this young girls efforts.  It was fun meeting her daddy. 
We made an impact.  I am grateful to be able to do that.  David

No comments:

Post a Comment